Monday, July 9, 2012

Yummus Hummus!

Yummus Hummus
Hi I am TakaSissie #4 of 4. First I must confess I am not a chefanista, nor will I ever pretend to be. I would classify myself as more of an experimenter as I was never taught how so I will usually try things because I do not know any better. And most often it sucks kinda bad like my most recent Death Metal juice, but sometimes I can get lucky.  I will share with you the ones that are truly funny and successful to me. Now my sissies may have a whole other opinion about my blendings, ha ha ha, hopefully they will be gentle on me in public!

Ingredients:
Sprouted Garbanzo beans (2.5 sprouted cups)
Avocado (1)
Cilantro (1 bunch)
Lemon (2 small)
Scape (1 peeled small elephant garlic flower stem)
4 Garlic cloves
Tahini (2-3 T.)
EVOO (2-4 T.)
Water (1-2 c.)
Dry ingredients-to taste:
Paprika
Cayenne
Cumin
Sea Salt
Pepper

I started with the ingredient list from this link, in this recipe they blanched the Garbanzos, which makes good sense to me as otherwise the texture would be very grain-esquey. I think blanching helped the overall texture to make it soft and silkier? But I wouldn't actually know this as a fact as I haven't made it "raw-unblanched" yet.
*Next time I will try adding 1/2 jalapeno for the green kick, more lemon, zuchinni, and maybe another clove of G. (If it is still scape season I will try more scape's and less garlic just because I could!) Also I will be learning how to make bread soon from Sissie #3, then I will be making a Kalamata Olive bread hopefully for this Yummus, oh my!

So here is my latest experiment, if you try it I hope you like it! And if you have fun mods I'd love to hear them too, yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment